Thank you so much I’m Sick and So Are You for nominating me for the Blog Recognition Award! In my brief time of spilling out the hysterics of being a mom, I really appreciate the recognition. Honestly, if constantly getting spit upon by my mockingly angelic child means other bloggers think I do okay, I’ll continue to be spit upon.
Since I’ve been nominated, here are the rules:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select 15 other bloggers for this award.
- Comment on each of their blogs, letting them know they’re nominated and linking back to this post.
How My Blog Started: My blog got started because I constantly feel like I never do the right thing as a mother. All mothers are amazing, and yes, we are all goddesses who are raising the next generation of geniuses, but we somehow feel that gives us a right to always think our way is the best way. And it is. For us. For some reason, lots of mothers reach a level of hubris on par with Oedipus which somehow gives them the right to judge other moms all the time. I hoped my blog would a) give me an outlet to admit when I’m wrong and b) show other moms that it’s okay to mess up sometimes. As long as you don’t give your baby moonshine or leave them in a hot car, I feel like we’ll be okay. Mothers mother differently.
#1 Piece of Advice to New Bloggers: Write what you feel. Don’t stress over every little word. As long as you love your piece, you’ll use the right language.
#2 Piece of Advice to New Bloggers: Yes, say you feel and do it passionately, but revise. You don’t want to say “shit” when you mean “shut”, or worse, you don’t want to say “fudge” when you really really mean “fuck”.
The 15 Bloggers I Have Nominated:
I’m super new to blogging, so I want to nominate those who inspire me. You should check out all of these awesome bloggers!
- Raw Uncensored Motherhood
- Books and Traveling with Lynn
- Devouring Books and Lattes
- This is Fatherhood
- Living a Full Life After ED
- So Called Mom
- Just a Man
- Motherhood Mishaps and Everything In Between
- IVF. Discuss.
- It’s a Bella Life
- Brittany Thielman
- My Caffeinated Chaos
- Old House in the Shires
- Me Rebooted
- Mrs. James Blogs
Thank you again! I’ll have a new post up tomorrow!